Fork me on GitHub

Friday, February 26, 2016

Meet Imaculate, a speaker.

So this past Wednesday, I gave a talk, like to a real meaty talk with slides and all to an audience of about 70 people including lecturers. Add the fact that I'm sort of an introvert, then you get a panic attack. It wasn't that bad, as a matter of fact it went great, we instantly received an email of how well it went.




The event was our opening event for Women In Computer Science Society, UCT. I talked about our vision , plans for the year and concluded with a talk from Googlers. We were also celebrating Anita Borg birthday so we were also talking about her legacy.





It was a nerve wracking experience but I'm glad I did it.Moral of the story, when you are feeling incapable, just do it, deal with the consequences later, they are not as ugly as they sound in your head.


No comments:

Post a Comment