Fork me on GitHub

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What I have been upto .. Investec ITExplore.



This week(23rd to 24th January) I took part in Investec IT Explore that took place in Sandton, Johannesburg. I was among the 40 participants selected. It was a 12-hour hackathon where we were supposed to make an application that incentivizes children to save money through the youth account  of their clients' children.


View from Investec 

The hackathon

Over the two days we learnt a lot, did a lot and ate a lot too! I was exposed to the banking industry , had interesting conversations arguments with Investec employees over their always formal attire among other things. It debunked most of my myths I had about culture, innovation and working at a bank.


Food!


As for our team we made a game that incorporated panaromic views of cars and houses and trading. It was challenging to put it all together but we had a presentable product in the end. I wish I could say that we won but we didn't. The judges were impressed with our User Interface and our idea though.


Our team
 Investec really spoiled us from the trip, accomodation to the unlimited supply of food to interesting people which made the made the whole experience better. Have a great week ahead!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulation on getting selected for the event. I’m glad to see that you had a great experience there and got to learn with some nice people.

    ReplyDelete