Fork me on GitHub

Monday, December 15, 2014

Hour of code in Tanzania.

75,277, 536 have tried the hour of code so far this year. I tried it too. Infact I took the seat of a Computer Science teacher. Considering that Tanzanian syllabus doesn't include CS in lower levels below University. Through projekt inspire I took the initiative to teach a couple of high schoolers some basics of programming. I taught them a bit of python to get them started. I aimed to get girls but I got none(there's still time for that  .:)) In three days we were to make programs that simulate a doctor, marks grader and ATM machine, proving the fact that computer science can do anything.

















1 comment:

  1. Good iniative... With that, you are ealready making a difference. Good luck. Hope you get some girls to join you soon...

    ReplyDelete